[ANN] Win32 installer for 3.8

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 18:23:16 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was bored for 10 minutes so decided to do a bit about the
first-user-experience. The result can be admired at
http://www.tric.nl/~cg/Squeak3.8-6665full-installer.exe in the form of
a nice NSIS installer which creates start menu icons and desktop icons
and all that nauseating stuff :).

The sources are at
http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888/WindowsInstaller/InstallerBuilder-CdG.1.mcz
and replicating this is quite simple:

- put the source files for the installer in a src/ subdirectory
- load the mcz in an image
- install NSIS (http://nsis.sourceforge.net/)
- execute
       Win32InstallerBuilder buildInstallerForProduct: 'Squeak3.8'
version: '6665full'

Maybe an idea to collect Linux, MacOS X, .. installers in the same package?

Anyway, I hope this is useful and that the resulting executable finds
its way to squeak.org. As usual, feedback is most appreciated