A real forum for Squeak

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Tue Oct 25 10:06:42 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Simon" == Simon Kirk <Simon.Kirk at pinesoft.co.uk> writes:

Simon> It's not a full solution, but I find the gmane.org archive
Simon> *very* useful (although it doesn't go back fair enough :)

Simon> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general

Simon> As far as I can tell that's an archive mirror of this list,
Simon> along with nice threading, searching, etc etc.

Moreover, you can access the group with NNTP (Usenet news); good NNTP
clients provide you with ways of marking threads as uninteresting,
score people and subjects individually so that you see the interesting
stuff first and so on (I've been using Gnus under Emacs for years to
read this group and many others coming from mailing-lists).

In fact, I don't think I've been subscribing to public mailing-lists
for a very long time; when a list is missing on Gmane, I fill a
subscription request and get it as a newsgroup in hours.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam