Traits status

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Oct 26 13:34:51 UTC 2005

To help adrian, we need feedback on the

- Kernel-dvf.35
- Kernel-dvf.36

in squeakFoundation/inbox

Here is a summary of the emails sent around:

Am I correct that you change is only in the method
name: className inEnvironment: env subclassOf: newSuper type: type
instanceVariableNames: instVarString classVariableNames:
classVarString poolDictionaries: poolString category: category
unsafe: unsafe?

I  run the tests and you change breaks

ClassBuilderFormatTests>>testByteVariableSubclass
ClassBuilderFormatTests>>testWordVariableSubclass

ClassBuilderChangeClassTypeTest>>testClassCreationAndChange
was failing in 3.7, 3.8, 6693 and it is still broken.

Stef

I just run into MetaClassBuilderFix project on SqueakMap
var. to ClassDescription") and related http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/
squeak/3058. It seems to fix exactly this problem... I was not aware
of this. Have you, Daniel?