Which version of image ? (Re: pending mac vm 3.8.9b5)

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Thu Oct 27 11:10:54 UTC 2005

self majorMinorBuildFrom: Smalltalk vmVersion
         satisfies: [:major :minor :build |
             major >= 3 and: [minor >= 8 and: [build >= 7]]]

majorMinorBuildFrom: aString satisfies: aBlock
     | v |
     v := aString ifNil: [^false].
     v := ((v copyAfter: $]) findTokens: $ ) last findTokens: $..
"('3' '8' '7b1')"
     v size = 3 ifFalse: [^false].
     v := v collect: [:s | s initialIntegerOrNil ifNil: [^false]].
"(3 8 7)"
     ^aBlock valueWithArguments: v asArray

Am 27.10.2005 um 12:28 schrieb Tetsuya HAYASHI:

> Hi,
>
> I understand the change of KeyEvent struct, which has now a field
> for Unicode character.
> Now, I'm going to debug unicode inputting Smalltalk code in image
> side.
> And now, I'd like to get backward compatibility, so could I get
> something unique id of VM by primitive ?
>
> I know 'SmalltalkImage current vmVersion' returns vm version info,
> but it contains image info, and it is String. Ideally, I want a
> numeric sequential id.
> If there is no primitive or no other way, I would parse the string
> of vmVersion info.
>
> On 2005/10/23, at 8:59, Tetsuya HAYASHI wrote:
>

>> Many thanks to John-san, Tim-san,
>>
>> I can get VMMaker from Tim's site, and build new VM under John's
>> instruction with patches. Now I'm going to watch trace in VM for
>> Japanese input method.
>> I say thanks to you again !

>>> Nope, just John mistyping -
>>>
>>> http://www.rowledge.org/tim/squeak/SqFiles/packages/VMMaker/
>>> VMMaker-tpr.37.mcz
>>>
>>> a dot instead of a dash between the tpr & the 37
>>>
>>> tim
>>> --
>>> tim Rowledge; tim at rowledge.org; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
>>>

> Many thanks,
> --
> Tetsuya HAYASHI <tetha at st.rim.or.jp>
> PGP: 5C 7D 4C 07 DA 73 74 C4  1F 6D 87 EE FD 09 0D FE

- Bert -