Jon's Web Browser somewhere ?

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 12:00:17 UTC 2005

Simon Michael wrote:
>> Maybe by using Monticello and SqueakSource?
>
>That sounds good to me.. want to give it a try ?

I've not used SqueakSource before.  Should I go ahead and try to set
something up there?

>> ground up. None of that is included, but it isn't more than a few
>> hours work to convert all those references to Form-based graphics.
>
>And so does this.. I could live without a 100% morphic UI if it means
>we get a good hackable web browser in a few(*N) hours.. (!)

At this particular point, I would actually prefer using a single Form
for a web browser because of the proliferation of Squeak UIs.  At least
counting Morphic, MVC, and Tweak, and possibly also Brie and SeaSide,
that makes several choices.  I think that by using a Form as the main
vehicle that it should be easy to bridge the gap to any or all of these
for the display functions.

The only difficulty that I see with this is the event-handling part of
things, as that is very different for these UIs.  Maybe the ToolBuilder
project could help out with this??