SqueakSource Question

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Oct 29 13:22:14 UTC 2005

On Oct 28, 2005, at 9:50 PM, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

> We have a number of packages in our project.  There is one that is
> not used anymore and should not get loaded by anybody.  Is there a
> way to delete saved packages from squeak source?

Monticello doesn't provide an easy way to delete versions, for the
simple reason that, well, it's a version control system. It's raison
d'être is to preserve old versions.

Ron, what's so bad about these versions that you want to erase them
from history? Their presence on SqueakSource doesn't imply that
people should use them - that would be SqueakMap - and they may be of
use in future archeological efforts. Heck, they might be of use in
future coding efforts, if you find yourself doing just the right
merging.

I'd caution you against deleting the history of your code base
without a very good reason. (Which you may indeed have, for all I know.)

Colin