RV: Instrumenting Send and what is StrikeFontSet>displayString:on:from:to:at:kern:baselineY: doing?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Oct 30 18:54:22 UTC 2005

David, this code is ok, except for the fact you don't need to check
for traceLevel being five since it could increment to infinity and if
your stack was that size we would try to print it.
However you'd need a class or instance variable somewhere that the
other signal can reset to zero so that after stopping this block
would restart incrementing from zero again.

On 30-Oct-05, at 10:21 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 09:46:39PM -0700, John M McIntosh wrote:
>
>   startTracingSemaphore := OSProcess accessor forwardSignal: 10.
>   [[startTracingSemaphore wait.
>     (traceLevel < 5) ifTrue:
>       [traceLevel := traceLevel + 1.
>       Smalltalk setVMStatsTraceMessageSendLevels: traceLevel]]
> repeat] fork

===