Curiosity gets the better of me

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Oct 31 11:13:43 UTC 2005

Hello Bob,

BCCEc> I can also see that creating small functional morphs
BCCEc> andjust have them free-range in the project space has

I like free-range morphs especially as free-range eggs are unavailable
nowadays due to birds influenza (or whatever "Vogelgrippe" translates
to).

BCCEc> Dave makes some suggestions about interfacing which I
BCCEc> needto try out. Do I take it that squeak has built in
BCCEc> distribution facilities?

Are you talking about deployment facilities, then no.

BCCEc> If I build a morph, say just a bunch of buttons to
BCCEc> control one aspect of my interface how do I generate code from
BCCEc> that or do     I just write code in the first place?How do I

If I understand you right you should look into the pluggable morphs
demo. (google for PluggableMorphsDemo.pr and load it from the world
menu. Your data class (the target) needs to implement the message that
is plugged into the button's actionSelector. (Careful, I write this
from memory, the project really helps.)

BCCEc> get rid of morphs that give continuous 'message     not
BCCEc> understood' every time I mouse over them?

World submorphs explore in a workspace gets you an explorer. There you
mark the line with the offending morph and in the small text pane at
the bottom you type self delete and do it. Hope that works, I'm too
new to help if a morph doesn't understand delete any more.

As I often clutter my screen with homespun morphs I always have a code
fragment in a workspace:

World submorphs do:
  [:each | (each isKindOf: Markierung) ifTrue: [each delete].
  (each isKindOf: Beweglich) ifTrue: [each delete].
  (each isKindOf: FussballTimer) ifTrue: [each delete].
  (each isKindOf: Collrect) ifTrue: [each delete].
  (each isKindOf: PolygonMorph) ifTrue: [each delete] ]

I told you, I clutter my screen :-))
I know it's really cluttered when I have to write
  (each isKindOf: SystemWindow) ifFalse: ....

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net