Smalltalk and Self

Victor Rodriguez victor.palique at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:04:43 UTC 2005

Hello,

2005/8/31, Jecel Assumpcao Jr <jecel at merlintec.com>:
> Marcus Denker wrote on Thu, 1 Sep 2005 01:05:22 +0200
[snip]
> The first major part of Squeak that was developed in a relatively public
> way was the 3.3 modules and that led to a lot of anger and people
> leaving our community. While I don't think there was any relation at
> all, I can understand it if some people hesitate to do things this way
> again.

This is very interesting and, at least to me, makes it seem like the
Squeak community was significantly lessened. Would you mind to give a
brief description of what happened, for the benefit of those of us new
to Squeak?

BTW, I have been lurking in the mailing list for a while now, and
still I do not have a clear picture of who the leaders of Squeak are.
At any rate, Alan Kay and Dan Ingalls do not seem to have any
involvment in Squeak any more. So, who are the Squeak leaders? Whose
responsibility is it to decide the immediate future of Squeak?

Best Regards,

Victor Rodriguez.