Some thoughts about managing packages in VW

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 19:32:18 UTC 2005

Being one of the culprits and having had exposure to MC, StORE and
ENVY/Manager... This whole StORE thing was mostly born out of
frustration with the lousy work that Cincom delivered in this area
(StORE's code sucks, and how they managed to make such a thorough
mixup of packages, parcels, namespaces and whatnot I don't know).

So don't take too much of this as an example; I think MC actually has
more to offer at the moment than StORE, modulo a couple of utility
things (it'd be nice to have a copy that would also copy
prerequisites, etcetera). Between VW, VA and Squeak, MC sits in the
way the least except maybe for speed (Envy rocks, speed-wise!).

--
NEW ORLEANS DISASTER HELP WANTED
My girlfriend comes from New Orleans and has lost contact with her