Coercing Squeak to send HTML emails

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Sat Sep 3 18:15:33 UTC 2005

Nevin Pratt wrote:

> What is the secret to coercing Squeak to send HTML emails instead of
> plain text emails?
>
> Right now I am using the AdHocComposition class for sending out
> emails, but I'd like to send out an HTML email instead of a plain text
> email.
>
> Incidentally, the HTML email I want to send will be a printable Gift
> Certificate that the recipient can print out and use.  Since it is a
> gift certificate, it needs to be fancy-- something more than just
> plain text.
>
> Nevin

To answer my own post, just set Content-Type: html.  For a
quick-and-dirty example,

| str |
str _ ReadWriteStream with: String new.
str nextPutAll: 'Date: ' , MailMessage dateStampNow , '
From: nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Subject: HTML test
To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<h3>This is a test to see how this works.</h3><br>
    (AdHocComposition celeste: 'mail.earthlink.net' initialText: str
contents) submit

Nevin