Smalltalk for modest hardware, maybe a microcontroller

Agustin Martinez agustincico at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 00:56:42 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm from Argentina, from Buenos Aires University. I work most in object
oriented programming and robotics. I'm trying to get a smalltalk environment
run on a modest autonomous robot controller. I want to build or buy the
easiest and cheapest controller card to run smalltalk inside; using an
8-bits microcontroller if possible.
I read the list archive and something about was discussed in 2002
('Samlltalk Bot' was the subject). I also took a look at most small
implementations of smalltalk (Spoon -ex Squad-, SqueakNOS, and so on) and
other "related" things (Bot-Kit, OOPic, MicroSeeker Pic/Smalltalk, etc) but
I haven't found what I consider right answers.

If someone can help me, I'll appreciate.

Best,

Agustín Rafael Martínez