The leaders (was Re: Smalltalk and Self)

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Sep 5 07:32:54 UTC 2005

Hi Blake!

Blake <blake at kingdomrpg.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:59:58 -0700, <goran at krampe.se> wrote:
>
> > The old website has been up far too long - there is a new one brewing
> > but the reason it isn't up yet is because it is built using SmallWiki
> > which turned out to be quite flaky. And yes, I stand by that statement
> > until someone with SmallWiki expertise help us out. :)
>
> Until you said that I had no idea there were two Squeak Wikis. I put up a
> swiki last year for some of my users, and they love it. Never have a
> problem with it.

I know all about Swiki, been coding around in it even - and have used a
600-page Swiki for about 5 years. But no, the new website is being built
using SmallWiki - a new implementation. And then there is SmallWiki2 -
an even newer not yet available implementation.

And then I also have a wiki codebase inside my HomepageBuilder app -
which I actually have been thinking of stripping down to a really simple
and efficient hackable wiki-implementation to share with all.

regards, Göran