The leaders (was Re: Smalltalk and Self)

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Sep 5 09:46:28 UTC 2005

Hi!

Blake <blake at kingdomrpg.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 01:44:25 -0700, <goran at krampe.se> wrote:
> [lotsa stuff]
>
> lol, Goran.
>
> I didn't expect such an elaborate defense of all the various wikis which,
> really, I meant no offense toward. It just struck me as funny that a

Just felt I needed to explain it all.

> Squeak--the ultimate in code reuse<s>--would have three wikis, with a
> possible fouth coming. I certainly wouldn't mean it as discouragement; if
> I were to hack, I'd probably do it against "Goran's mini-wiki code". It
> just amused me, as I hoped the tone of my pseudo-Twain recollection would
> reflect.

Perhaps I misinterpreted the tone - but since others reading might also
wonder I just wanted to explain more clearly what the differences are
between them all.

But your point about reuse is interesting - I wanted to reuse the
wiki-formatting from the original Swiki codebase but ended up coding my
own because it was just too hard to understand/reuse/modify. I would
guess SmallWiki was also partly motivated by that same reason.

regards, Göran