[ANN] Marvin: Self for Squeak - Slate

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Mon Sep 5 18:33:34 UTC 2005

On Sep 4, 2005, at 2:22 PM, David P Harris wrote:

> Brian Rice wrote:
>> Did you look at Slate Smalltalk? What did you think of it?
>
> Slate is at: http://slate.tunes.org/
> Slate looks very interesting and I have wanted to explore it.
> However, it remains hard to use (to me) in the text-only form, and
> I was wondering if the graphical environment has been developed (yet)?

Not yet. That's why we don't announce releases here. The rendering
framework works, but I don't have enough people to maintain the core
and have time to develop the entire UI - a self-perpetuating problem
since contributors self-limit themselves when there aren't enough
easy tools to use. I'll work through this, but it takes time.

--
-Brian