[ToolBuilder] Conversion of SqueakMap Package Loader (was Re: The leaders (was Re: Smalltalk and Self))

Victor Rodriguez victor.palique at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 04:24:21 UTC 2005

Hello Goran,

2005/9/5, goran at krampe.se <goran at krampe.se>:
> Hi Victor and all!
>
> Victor Rodriguez <victor.palique at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> > So, how can I help the ToolBuilders?
>
> Start by joining that list (perhaps you have) and get into it. :)

I have joined the list. However, I took a look at the archives and the
last messages suggest that the list should close down due to low
trafic, and the discussion move to squeak-dev. (I'm crossposting to
the list anyways, just in case.)

> One obvious thing that needs to be done with ToolBuilder is conversion
> of old tools - like say the SqueakMap Package Loader would be cool to
> have written using ToolBuilder. :) And if you decide to pick that exact
> task - I am the one to ask about the package loader since I wrote it and
> maintain it.

Alright, I like the task. I promise that at the very least I will take
a look at it (which I know it's not much). I think I'll make a serious
attemp to do this, but I cannot promise much: for starters I'm still
learning Smalltalk, but the real reason is that I can only manage a
few hours per week to work on Smalltalk/Squeak. :-(

If anyone has any pointers, I'll gladly take them. Is there a
particularly good example of how to convert an application to
ToolBuilder? I just downloaded 3.9a-6690, I assume that is what I
should use..

Best Regards,

Victor Rodriguez.