Crashing 3.9a-6690 using TestRunner from MVC

Victor Rodriguez victor.palique at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 06:43:18 UTC 2005

Hello,

I wanted to run the MVC tool builder tester class, and foolishly I ran
the tests using the test runner GUI from Morphic. My screen flashed a
bit, turned to white, and then the test runner informed me about a
bunch of failed tests. "No problem", I though, so I repainted the
screen, created a MVC project, and went into it.

>From MVC, I opened a MVC world, so that I could use the test runner
GUI. I then ran the same tests and got the debugger prompter, which I
closed a few times. "Ah well, too bad.." I though, so I go to
"previous project" and I'm back at Morphic. Everything looked fine,
except that I moved the mouse around and then I started seeing MVC
scrollbars pop on and off. A mouse click brought me a Browser from
MVC. "Cool, you can do MVC in Morphic after all!" I happily thought,
but no, a few more clicks and my Squeak stopped responding to the
mouse and keyboard, including alt-.

Obviously, the problem is the interaction between MVC and Morphic, but
I thought this might be useful to report.

Is it?

Best Regards,

Victor Rodriguez.