Last MVC image?

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Sep 7 08:18:06 UTC 2005

Am 07.09.2005 um 08:03 schrieb Mayuresh Kathe:

> Hello,
>
> Which is the last image which supported MVC well?

Good question. In principle, as MVC is shipped in current
Squeak, it is kind of "supported". In the sense that bugs
can be reported and fixes will be included.

3.8 has all known fixes included, and there is only one real
bug report concerning MVC on Mantis.

> That is before Morphic took over with full force?

To be sure you need to get the last image that started
MVC by default, After that, people less and less used MVC
and bugs started to creep in. I think 2.8 was the last MVC
release.

So you could either use this and build upon it, or, you could
take 3.9 and modularise MVC up to a point that it can be
unloaded, move it to squeaksource, and continue to
develope it "outside", providing your own "MVC"
distribution of Squeak.

This would have the possitive effect  that you would participate in
the updates/fixes of the base  that the community is doing.

      Marcus