Publishing on Monticello

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at fast-mail.org
Wed Sep 7 15:17:01 UTC 2005

On 09/07/2005 10:54 AM, Tom Phoenix apparently said:

>On 9/7/05, stéphane ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
>

>>Look at 3.9alpha everything is in a **package**. Youpi!
>>Live is becoming much easier.
>>

>I can see the "+Package" button in the Monticello Browser. But I
>haven't yet seen what I'm looking for.
>
>Given some Squeak code in an image, perhaps registered in one or more
>ChangeSets, how does one publish it on Monticello?
>
>--Tom Phoenix

Create a package that starts with the name of the Category that contains
your classes.  For instance, for our code all of our categories start
with RiskMetrics, so I have a main RiskMetrics package that receives
those changes.  In addition you can add a "*<Category Name>" as a
MethodCategory (note that it starts with an asterisk).  The Monticello
package will pick up those changes as Extensions.

Hope that helps.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20