FastSocketStream (was: FTP ConnectionTimedOut on 3.9)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Sep 7 19:57:21 UTC 2005

Marcus Denker wrote on Wed, 7 Sep 2005 17:31:40 +0200
>   -> FastSocketStream replaced SocketStream... you could file in
>        the SocketStream from 3.8 to see if this makes a difference.

I started having problems in Celeste so decided to load FastSocketStream
into the 3.8 image I am typing this in, but things stopped working
entirely (probably the ConnectionTimedOut: error, but I am not sure). I
reverted to the older class and at least it went back to only locking up
when fetching the body of an email (the user, password and list
transactions worked again). Since there was an email I was in a hurry to
receive I did no further testing. In case anyone is curious, I solved my
problem by keeping a Transcript window open - it never locks up unless
there is nowhere to log what it is doing.

On the other hand, I loaded FastSocketStream into a 3.8 image with
Seaside and it was a huge improvement there and has worked perfectly for
a couple of months now.

-- Jecel