Squeak related videos on video.google.com

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Sep 7 21:31:05 UTC 2005

Marcus Denker wrote on  Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:21:32 +0200
> ESUG (European Smalltalk Usergroup) is proud to announce that the
> following videos
> are now available at Google Video. Thanks for Andres Valloud for
> collecting and encoding
> the videos!
>
> Google Video allows only for streaming and is usable from windows
> only for now.

Thanks Andres and Marcus. I have updated
http://www.smalltalk.org.br/movies/ to point to all of these. Given that
the old MURL (Microsoft University Research Labs) pages have gone away
this was perfect timing. Only Dan Ingalls' "Seven (give or take)
Smalltalk Implementations" talk at Stanford has been left behind in this
migration and it would be great if someone could host that movie
somewhere. Two of the movies are already at Archive.Org and it might be
a good idea to place more there. Google Video reserves the right to
charge for playing even movies that have been explicitly marked as
"free" if they feel that movie is consuming too many resources.

I have also added a pointer to Stéphane Ducasse's videos. Thanks, Stef,
for doing them! It would be best to also have a pointer to these from
somewhere close to the squeak.org home page so that the people who need
them most will be likely to find them. I had been interested in doing
something like this myself and would have only added a short movie
showing what the vm, changes, image and sources files mean and how to
get Squeak working in the first place (I haven't been able to watch
Stef's movies yet and so he might even have done this already).

-- Jecel