Genie

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Sep 8 18:16:29 UTC 2005

On 8 sept. 05, at 18:40, Simon Michael wrote:

> stéphane ducasse wrote:
> > I asked nathanael to take the time to publish a new version. May
> be you should contact him?
>
> Thanks Stéphane. He was in the cc list. Strangely, so was Ned Konz,
> but his address does not appear in the message that came from the
> list. Ned, I don't know if you got it or not.

I'm not sure nathanael still read this list. So contact him using the
email I gave you.

> \>> My notes are at http://squeak.joyful.com/Genie . Status: I'm using
> >> Ned Konz's monticello version, which seems to load fine in
> 3.9/3.8/3.7.
> >
> > Where this version is located. On SqueakSource?
>
> Ned's MC repo. It's linked on my notes page.

I would publish it on Squeaksource to make sure that you do not rely
on a server out there.
Ned is not squeaking anymore...because he needs to earn money.

> >> You need to remove a breakpoint in the code. Gesture recognition
> >> never activates though. My vm seems to have the Genie plugin.
> >
> > Could you publish a new version
>
> Without the breakpoint ? I will look into that if I can't entice
> Ned or Nathanael who would be more effective maintainers. The
> details are on the linked mantis report but it's easy to fix when
> it pops up.

Nathanael is working for google now and not squeaking anymore. Ned is
consulting. So I suggest that
if you are suing Genie then maintain it. If one of them show up
(which I hope) then they will certainly happy that someone took
care of the baby.