VMMaker don't work

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Sep 10 01:42:48 UTC 2005

Actually, VMMaker works perfectly well. Your build setup may have
problems but they are nothing to do with VMMaker. VMMaker generates C &
H files from Slang and copies files (for some platforms but not
Windows) to the right place(s). sqWin32Intel.c is not generated, nor
moved, by VMMaker.

marcelo Cortez <jmdc_marcelo at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> hi all
>
>  into fresh image run vmmaker generate all and this
> error  occurs ( the first error there many errors)
> ,and compilation fail
> make: *** [Squeak.exe] Error 1
>  any ideas?
>   best regards
>    MDC
> squeak3.8 final
> tools and sources 3.7.1
>

> sqWin32Intel.c:737: undefined reference to `sq
> ImageFileOpen'

This reference is to a function declared in
platforms/win32/vm/sqPlatformSpecific.h which in turn is #include'd by
sq.h which is #include'd in sqWin32Intel.c so if it is not being found
I imagine there must be something wrong with the include paths or
perhaps the file directory layout on your machine.

I don't do windows, so I can't offer much further.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Useful random insult:- Pressure's up, but there's a slow leak somewhere.