New edition of LookEnhancements

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Sun Sep 11 02:45:14 UTC 2005

> What I would love is to have another color than the pale green one
> for the browser.
> May be having a simpler color scheme would help unifying the look. I
> liked blue/orange

May we not hard-code any more colors though, please?  Everyone has different
preferences on colors, and no system I know today offers the user full
flexibility on color-schemes, but they should.

The work I did with "inverteBright" took us a step closer to elimination of
several hard-coded colors by instead asking Preferences.  Unfortunately, I
received not one feedback in two attempts to ask about inverteBright.  Not even
an aesthetic comment about the screenshot

  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5729

which shows how nice it is to use the #textHighlightColor as the color for list
and menu selections too.  It's quite nice that anything "selected" by the user
indicates its selection with a consistent color.

A private email to John Pierce about all this is what sparked the huge
"LookEnhancements enhancement" thread last month and the whole idea of its
inclusion in base 3.9.

So here is a third and final attempt..  Anyone?