[ANN] Squeak Foundation

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Sun Sep 11 15:33:25 UTC 2005

stéphane ducasse wrote:

>> Did I miss it, or was there a link that describes the  organizational
>> structure?
>
> Yes there is the core: the guys doing something me marcus, noury,
> goran...
> We will consolidate that in the future.
> Then they are the wise that the core can consult on big decisions
> (but I'm not sure they care).

I got that, I did read the site. I wanted to know the legal structure.
Sorry, I wasn't clear about that.

>> Is it a registered non-profit organization?
>
> ESUG www.esug.org is a french non-profit 1901 organization. I'm
> president of ESUG and noury the treasurer.
> ESUG organizes the Smalltalk Conference and all kind of actions to
> promote Smalltalk (books sent in universities,
> support people to go to conference, sponsored Squeak.de, sponsored
> SqueakFoundation).

Oh.... so, SqueakFoundation is not an independent organization, but a
group within ESUG. That's not clear. I understood that ESUG was
providing website hosting and contributed 2000Euros only to get the
SqueakFoundation on its feet.