[ANN] Squeak Foundation

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Sep 12 07:41:03 UTC 2005

Hi all!

Just wanted to do a quick post so that you know a bit more until I get
the next report out (brewing, but I also need to prepare for a Squeak
presentation on thursday).

In bullet list form:

1. The coordinators support this initiative and we have been
communicating with Stephane etc, and even urging him and Marcus to "just
do it", and of course Marcus is one of the coordinators. :)

2. Exactly how this initiative will evolve (see Daniel's post with some
questions for example), especially together with the Coordinator group
is still a bit open. I will tell more about the thoughts in the upcoming
report. But we are all dedicated to make sure we end up with the best
setup for the Squeak community.

3. Again, I am (and the other Coordinators I am sure) really glad to see
a foundation finally getting off the ground.

So... that's it until the report comes out. Keep up the good work
everybody, and btw, it seems that the summer stillness is quickly
turning into a autumn Squeak frenzy! Cool to see all the activity.

regards, Göran

PS. Will be doing a presentation about Squeak/eToys/Croquet on thursday,
quite short (15 min) but in a very interesting forum.