Using name instead of initials

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 12 19:26:45 UTC 2005

On 12 sept. 05, at 20:57, Cees De Groot wrote:

> On 9/12/05, Alexandre Bergel <bergel at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
>
>> First, Avi chose the same initial than me, he later needed to change
>> because I conflicted with him.
>> Use of initials simply does not scale...
>>

> Neither does use of full names. That just doesn't scale on another
> scale, but it still doesn't scale.

Yes this is true for me this is just that know from whom a change is did
helps me to build my trust factor on the code.

> Email adresses, UUID's, whatever - iff we are going to change the dev
> initials system, please come up with a Grand Unified scheme that does
> scale.
>
> And then I haven't even started discussing the whole topic of
> nyms... ;)

what are nyms...

today I learned more of server security and honeypots....
I was wondering how robust are the servers developed in Smalltalk
(with buffer overflows I can guess, but one guy was mentioning that
server they were heavily were more robust and I was wondering about
the impact of the technology vm vs C.