About MAC VM

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Sep 12 22:36:40 UTC 2005

Well the problem is that when you double click on an image in the
finder, *IT* looks in it's magic table of file types or file suffixes
and say's mmm that Squeak application over there
says it handles files of type Squeak or suffixes of .image and look
one is running already, so let's do an Apple Event open document
request to it. This incorrectly assumes of course you run one copy of
your application which handles multiple open documents.

Then again if someone could figure out how to convince the Finder it
must start another instance of the application on an open document
request that would be welcome.

On 12-Sep-05, at 2:53 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> You mean we need in-image support for that? All other VMs just do
> it on their own ...
>
> - Bert -
>
> Am 12.09.2005 um 19:09 schrieb John M McIntosh:

===