Squeak/.Net question

John Pierce john at pierce.name
Tue Sep 13 12:18:23 UTC 2005

Looks like you should load InstanceEncoder first. Go to
squeak.saltypickle.com <http://squeak.saltypickle.com> and download and
install InstanceEncoder project first then try .NET again. The bridge does
work as I actively use it all the time.

John

On 9/13/05, Valdas Bucinskas <valdas.bucinskas at ipsistemos.lt> wrote:

> Hei,
> I am new to Squeak and I need some help linking it to Microsoft .Net. I
> was
> trying to install Squeak/.NET Bridge package into my 3.8 image, but I get
> errors:
>
> 'Can't find dependency InstanceEncoder-bvs.7'
>
> I press 'ignore', then I get the following error:
>
> 'This package depends on the following classes:
> InterpreterPlugin
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
> definitions:
> DirectTransportPlugin
> DirectTransportPlugin class>>hasHeaderFile
> DirectTransportPlugin class>>moduleName
> DirectTransportPlugin class>>writeCFilesToDirectory:
> DirectTransportPlugin>>initialiseModule
> DirectTransportPlugin>>primControlPort
> DirectTransportPlugin>>primCreateDirectTransport
> DirectTransportPlugin>>primCreateDirectTransportBasedOn
> DirectTransportPlugin>>primCreateServerRequestedDirectTransportBasedOn
> DirectTransportPlugin>>primDirectTransportReceive
> DirectTransportPlugin>>primDirectTransportSend
> DirectTransportPlugin>>primFinishInitialization
> DirectTransportPlugin>>primStartReceiving
> DirectTransportPlugin>>wrapperValueOf:'
>
> I click proceed, get the following error:
>
> 'Error occured during install:
> ByteString>>reconstituteObject '
>
> Err... hmm.. that's kind of confusing..
> So the questions are:
> 1. How do I avoid those errors?
> 2. Will .NET still work, as I see some packages starting 'DotNetBridge' in
> the Object Browser?
>
> Best regards,
> Valdas

It's easy to have a complicated idea. It's very very hard to have a simple
idea. -- Carver Mead