[ANN]VerySmallTalk PhD position @ Douai

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Sep 13 19:17:32 UTC 2005

Noury Bouraqadi wrote:

> Please find below the announcement of a Smalltalk related PhD position.
> The PhD student that will participate to the VerySmallTalk project that
> aims at building a Very Small smallTalk.

Oh no! You will eliminate our "newbie detector" if you create an actual
Smalltalk with a "T" in its name ;-)

But seriously, this is a great project. You might want to include Fly
Smalltalk in your "related projects" section, though given there was a
single paper which isn't even readable to non ACM members it might not
be worth it:

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=949418

And when thinking small it is always a good idea to take a look at
Forth, specially anything that Chuck Moore himself is working on like
ColorForth.

Good luck,
-- Jecel