Test VMMaker branch for 38b4 on SVN server

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Wed Sep 14 22:39:54 UTC 2005

Tim Rowledge wrote:

>Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com> wrote:
>

>>Question on the Unix code. VMM38b4 should be the same code as in the
>>released 3.7-7 VM, right?
>>
>I don't have the faintest idea! It is whatever was in the SVN
>repository at revision 1100, so any fixes Ian committed before then are
>in there. I have no unix machine so never have the need to worry about
>it. Nor a Windows machine. Life is so much less irritating that way.

Ok, I'm sure I'm doing something fundamentally wrong.
Here is what I have

Squeak3.8.6665full.image
VMMaker 3.8b4
  Path to platforms code:  /home/bfuller/projects/squeak/branches/VMM38b4
  Platform name: unix
  Path to generated sources: /home/bfuller/projects/squeak/branches/src32

In VMMaker I have all external plugins and no internal.

1. <Generate All>
(from a previous email thread I read I do):
2. cd bld;
3. ../config/configure --with-src=src32
4. cd ..
5. make

I get a lot of errors.  Specifically no sq.h is in my VMMaker-created
src32 dir, so I rcv the error:

/home/bfuller/projects/squeak/branches/src32/vm/interp.c:5:16: sq.h: No such file or directory

it's downhill from there.

I guess I didn't set up the paths correctly and the sq.h file doesn't get to the right dir.
VMMaker experts can probably spot the problem right off!

thanks,
brad