[MC] How to get diff: a typical scenario

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Sep 18 09:40:22 UTC 2005

avi, bert

here is a typical scenario:

I wanted to know what were the other changes that were introduced in
the same time that at:put: changes.
For now I only want that in one package but you can imagine that for
the image management in the future
knowing what other packages is related will be important (now with
marcus we put the same comment in
all the packages concerned by a "slice" a group of changes related
but touching different packages.

So let us go back to my simple scenario:

I wanted to know the changes (the delta) that  Collections-md.20 in
the 3.9alpha introduced compared to Collections-md.19.
So I selected Collections-md.20.mc from the repository, press diff
I got a version: Collection-md.20
(diff against Collection-md19)

- Browse shows me everything so did not help.
- Changes shows me only the difference but I'm surprised since I do
not see Dictionary>>isDictionary and Dictionary>>at:put:
which I can see when I browse the cs in the dual change sorter in
Collections-md.20 cs

So what am I doing wrong?

Stef