Dictionaries broken in 3.9a

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Mon Sep 19 14:26:55 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I am new to Squeak, and haven't done anything with it yet but I have been
reading the news group to catch up on what is going on with Squeak.

>I tried in Dolphin Smalltalk Professional 5.1.4 :
>
>12:21:24, dimanche 18 septembre 2005: 'key cannot be nil'
>Dictionary(Object)>>error:
>Dictionary>>at:put:
>[..]

In VAST (IBM's VisualAge for Smalltalk) a LookupTable can not have a nil
key but a Dictionary can.  Dictionaries contain Associations and they have
no problem with a nil key so I guess Dictionaries don't have a problem
either.  In past versions of VAST (before 5.5.2) LookupTables could have a
nil key but that changed.

Lou
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.