BabyUML overview posted

Bob Courchaine bobc at nfldinet.com
Tue Sep 20 15:54:21 UTC 2005

Trygve Reenskaug wrote:
> I want increased confidence in my programs.
> I want my own and other people’s programs to be more readable.
> I want a new discipline of programming that augments my thought processes.
> BabyUML is a coherent multi-language discipline
>     for coding object interaction /and /objects/classes.

One of the reasons I'm out here, Trygve, is that I see Squeak as a way
to make the activity of writing software more approachable.

I believe that there's lots of software to be written and that much of
it should be written by craftspeople, not engineers.

If BabyUML can help that group write more software (which it seems like
it should), then I'm all for it!

> I have, of course, started building BabyUML an extension of Squeak,
> but it does not appear to be a realistic task for a one-person team.
> More about that when I see the response to this opener (if any).

I'm all ears!

Bob