Internationalization of SW1 from squeakfoundation

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Wed Sep 21 19:28:41 UTC 2005

Samir Saidani wrote:

>Jason, is it possible to share this image ? Do you use SW1 with squeak
>or VW ? It could be cool to share improvements on SW1 (I think about
>internationalization for instance or the download box...) : now we
>have a squeaksource repository of SW1
>(www.squeaksource.com/smallwiki1), and so it gives a possibility to
>share enhancements. Moreover I would like to offer a ready-to-use and
>*stable* image of smallwiki, since I experienced a lot of problems of
>stability with SW1 (you too it seems ?)

This was posted on the website page:
The image we are using for www.seaside.st is now available at:

    http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/sw1/www.seaside.st.zip

There are a couple of things to notice:

1. We were using an old version of SmallWiki 1 and we did some  changes
that you can see in the open changes-browser.

2. The wiki is running on port 8080, so you should be able to browse  it
on your local machine at http://localhost:8080, the admin username/
password is admin/smallwiki.

3. We added a snapshot action so that editors are able to save the
image immediately after changing the model. There seems to be  problems
with the class Delay in Squeak, on wich the storage is  heavily relying
on, so it is a good idea to use the action to save it  manually.

4. The model of www.seaside.st is still in the image, but I pruned  the
version history to shrink it. To start from scratch, you just  stop the
server, close the server-workspace and setup a new one  according to
lines in the smallwiki-workspace.

5. We run this image within a VNC session (NOT the VNC integrated  into
Squeak itself) to have full control, and it runs without any  problems
since the start of www.seaside.st.

Hope this is of any use for you,
Lukas