I love it that way? [Re: How much is my Squeak Image like Sourdough bread?]

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Thu Sep 22 05:47:41 UTC 2005

Hi Justin,

> That fence, formerly for our protection, then becomes our undoing.
> Reflect upon the egg.
> The shell  is so designed by nature, strong enough to
> protect the growing chicken within.
> Too strong, it will not allow the chicken to escape, and it will
> die, before it can take breath of air.

Encapsulation...
Any thing is anObject...
Classify, then... act guided by your vission of "the world".

People understand y use the tools of Object Orientation,
 but do not recognize it's limits and the consecuences of the
 use and abuse of reduction'ism' (to models).
Making people return to feel as a child has the power of magic,
 but do not solve the problems of education (in use and development
 of open systems). Children produces the same amount of
 garbage than adults.

In Smalltalk we have an egg without shell; because it is open (in
 contents and time). But peole do not know how to use it in a
 more powerful way than a container (to put objects inside).
A big effort is payed in understanding of the internals (VM architecture
 and decomposition/modelization of behavior) as a way to write
 the DNA code of the ambient; but there is no efforts in teaching
 how to use Smalltalk to make education in ambience (Educación
 en Ambiente, in Spanish).

The shell is not strong, but most chicken do not want to go
 outside, trying to be aChild for ever.
aChild as anObject of a new theory - Theory new -
 an new instance of an only ONE abstract concept

The use of Smalltalk as a support for education
 (and not for only instruction) on how to break the limits
 of Object Orientation is a posible direction of development
 of Object Technology. A path not tried in the last 30 years
 where nothing has happened. Yet.

best,
Ale.