quoth

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Sep 30 01:14:33 UTC 2005

Hi Justin--

 > Trying to avoid the code, whilst trying to find the Purpose. Is there
 > one?

	Yeah! There are three:

-	to support live music programming in a way that an audience can
follow. We use projectors so that the audience can see everything we do,
as we do it. This is "livecoding" (once again I can plug
http://toplap.org :).

-	to make "text adventures" easier to write, by be able to write them
from the point of view of the "player-character"

-	to provide a "shell" alternative to the traditional Smalltalk workspace.

	Also see the "motivation and influences" section of the Quoth site.

 > I see a need for the concept of IDE, from the POV of the subject i.e.
 > mySelf. This Integration is not from the top down, but from the bottom
 > up. This demo immediately presented to my imagination and entire
 > orchestra. With mySelf in the role as conductor. Perhaps even contol
 > it? Is this over stretching the metaphor?

	No, that sounds reasonable. :)

-C

--
Craig Latta