About the #logChange error in SqueakMap

Dan Corneanu cdan at savatech.ro
Mon Apr 3 13:17:37 UTC 2006

Germán Arduino wrote:
> Hi:
>
> About the problem http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2912, that I've
> documented a workaround at http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3283 I
> want to ask how many time may take to be fixed.

Hi,
I see the discussion has slipped away from the main subject.
I also spent some time debugging this and I have 2 questions:

1. does SM support preamble/postscripts? The SM browser from a 3.9a
image has a button for this. If it does then maybe the place of the
update script should be in one of the mcz packages of  SMLoader,
SMBAse etc.

2. fixing this bug means changing the SqueakMap script, that is
downloaded from server, to use SmalltalkImage current
logChange. The question is: will this not break the update for older
squeak images? Is there a way to choose the update script based on
the SM version we upgrade to and the image version we are working on?

Best regards,
cdan.