Broken Squeak Map downloads?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Apr 18 06:44:05 UTC 2006

Hi!

"David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> When I try to download certain SqueakMap packages, including VMMaker, AioPlugin, and
> XDisplayControlPlugin, I am getting errors. Others work fine, including OSProcessPlugin.
> Did something break and/or change recently to cause this?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

I will take a look later tonight. I think I know why the server cache
isn't working - it is because asString36 is broken in 3.8+ - it
needlessly (nowadays) chops off the first 4 characters of the string. I
think this is one of the issues at least.

But... having the SHA sums fail on the original URL is... well, not
sure. Have you modified the files "in place" after registering the
releases on SM? You can force SM to recalculate the SHA sum by changing
the file name of the URL. So if you change it to "whatever" and then
back to the original it should be re-downloaded into the server cache
and re-calculated. I should add a button somewhere to do this manually.
:)

But the above bug with asString36 probably still makes the fallback on
the server cache to fail - but then at least the SMLoader will not
reject the original file from the original URL.

regards, Göran