Re-2: The Croquet SDK 1.0 Beta...

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Fri Apr 21 15:09:47 UTC 2006

Unknown wrote:
> First I had also problems with some stuff needed for starting. Here my experience for Windows XP:
>
> copy from a squeak installation file SqueakFFIPrims.dll.
> install OpenAL an copy files OpenALPlugin.dll and OpenAL32.dll into the \bin directory.
> Then it will work very fine.

Right, I had to install OpenAL to get the other demos to work.
But the installer just put them in the right place, which it
seems is WINDOWS\system32. I was going to see whether opengl32.dll
should also go there, and found it was alreay there. So I renamed
it to something else, then went looking for the copy I had yesterday,
but couldn't find it. Now, looking in WINDOWS\system32 I find
another copy of opengl32.dll. I'm guessing there's some daemon
process "repairing" the system. No wonder the explorer window
at first didn't show the directory contents, and had something
like "click here if you really want to muck with the files here".