Looking for good souls

Nagy Attila attis at gizi.dote.hu
Sat Apr 22 09:07:43 UTC 2006

Hi Herbert!

Shyness, I think that's quite a barrier to cross when you're new to a
community. And when I see people speaking about Croquet and HOM (none of
which I have managed to grasp the essence of), indeed I am a bit
discouraged to ask questions like "how do I create a simple input window?"

Splitting the community wouldn't be much of a problem, I think, as the
experienced squeakers can also take part in the new list, which would be
for the benefit of both them and the newcomers.

As you said:
 > The people doing the work of developing Squeak don't stumble about
 > what bugs a newbie anymore.

Exactly that's what I think. And I think that is why there aren't enough
good tutorials out there.

And again, I think the splitting of the community would not be that much
of a problem, if the new list would be successful at levelling up the
newcomers to the point where they are able to take part in the main dev
list's discussions.