eeeek!!!!

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sat Apr 22 16:34:59 UTC 2006

Okay, I developed a method similar to the current implementation of
matrix "*=" and called it "multiplyAndDiscard:"

My code was:

#########
multiplyAndDiscard: aB3DMatrix4x4
	"derived from 'composedWithLocal'"
	self
		privateTransformMatrix: self
		with: aB3DMatrix4x4
		into: self
##########

The current code is:

##############
*= m2
	"Perform a 4x4 matrix multiplication with result into self."
	| result |
	result := self * m2.
	self replaceFrom: 1 to: 16 with: result startingAt: 1.
###############

Which calls:

#######################
* m2
	"Perform a 4x4 matrix multiplication."
	| result |
	result := self class new.
	self privateTransformMatrix: self with: m2 into: result.
	^result
#########################

Which is a duplicate of:

####################
composedWithLocal: aMatrix4x4
	| result |
	result := self class new.
	self privateTransformMatrix: self with: aMatrix4x4 into: result.
	^result

Which is called by "ComposeWith:", which I've already removed from my
version....

Which is, in turn called by 24 other functions, most of which are on the
critical path of all things Crquet... =PPPPP

--
Don't let your schoolwork get in the way of your learning.

http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/