how to get an underscore character

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 17:59:07 UTC 2006

Did the 3.9 team decide to adopt Berts underscore solution and, if so, is there a plan to run his conversion for 3.9 which converts the code from underscore assignment to :=?

 If so, may we preserve the old timestamp information?  Since the change is only cosmetic, I think the historical information is more valuable than to know when/who ran global-search-and-replace of the assignment operator.

 I have posted an update to Berts FixUnderscores script on Mantis.

     http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3511

 Thank you.