Squeakland package problem

Matej Kosik kosik at fiit.stuba.sk
Tue Aug 1 10:49:07 UTC 2006

Hi Jens

Jens Lincke wrote:

>> I can confirm that. That repository
>>
>>     http://squeakland.org/installers/ux/debian/
>>
>> has following problems:
>>
>> 1. package `squeak-vm' requires `libc6' version which is not available
>> on  Sarge (Debian stable) so it cannot be installed on Sarge.
>>

> I made this packages for the squeakland. I used lex spoons packages,
> modiefied the netscape plugin and adding a squeakland package.
>
> I worked in debian testing environment at that time so the dependencies
> do not work under sarge. So I rebuild it for sarge put the packages here:
>
> http://www.impara.de/~jens/debian/sarge/

`squeak' package cannot be installed because it requires
`squeak-image-gz' which is not available in your repository.

>> 2. package `squeak' depends on virtual package `squeak-image-gz' but the
>> repository does not contain package which would provide
>> `squeak-image-gz' virtual package.
>>

> the squeakland package package should work

`squeakland' package cannot be installed because it depends on
`squeak-vm' which depends on
1. libc6 version which is not available on Sarge
2. squeak-image-gz which is not in your repository

Maybe I have made some mistake but as I see it, that repository is not
usable.

Your attempt is repeated (I believe more successfully) here:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3616

and maybe also (sigh) elsewhere...
--
Matej Kosik