Kernel.image update for 7052 and my vision of the next development

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Wed Aug 2 12:52:57 UTC 2006

On 8/2/06, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :
>
> > the self-bootstrapping process changes all sources in the system so
> > (in most cases) there is no problem if the image contains something
> > more or is in another version.
> > It should produce 477 classes and traits. Why do you have got 487?
> >
> > -- Pavel
> Because as I said , is a copy of the image what I using for test 3.9 and
> previous things what I made.
> Here is the all change set detail
> All to ScriptLoader-stephaneducasse.291
> Plus Tracing Message Browser, a modified SARBuilder and some  what I have.
> The image begins the 7052finalCleanup, but at this points complaints so I
> halt the procedure.
> Repeat, the working " Squeak3.9b-7051.image" don't shows any problem (until
> now).
> And the resultant "kernel7051" seems like others what I do following your
> procedure.
> Wish I test someone ? I ready to do.
>
> Edgar

We need all test green so it would be nice if you will be able to load
published SUnit and look at current test failures and errors.
You also may take the rest of Squeak and kernel for 7045 and try to
continue with correct Morhpic initialization (this process will be the
same for newer versions). The advantage is that you must not work in
console. I think that we have to start with Preferences.
You may take a look at SqueakSource MC repository (KernelImage) and
try to make working well.
Or you may start with refactoring of bootstrapping environment and
split general and image specific parts.

-- Pavel