About 7051 and Multilingual-TextConversion

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 4 08:26:45 UTC 2006

Yoshiki Ohshima puso en su mail :

> Is it really about the file out of Squeak code, or are you just
> taking it as an example?
>
>   If it is the former, this line can't be a fix for any real problems.
> You would have wanted to import the created fileout to some other
> application, but if it doesn't support UTF-8 with byte order mark or
> MacRoman, that is the problem with it, not Squeak's.
>
>   Squeak's file out should be in UTF-8 with byte order mark or
> MacRoman (latter is only supported for backward compatibility).  Even
> before 3.8, Latin1 had never been an accepted encoding.
>
>   In short, don't do it.  Treat the file out as a binary file, if you
> don't want to mess it up.
>
> -- Yoshiki
Yoshiki:

Believe or not, is a fileOut of the 7051.image what I was using.
That was a 7044 and all the updates, what each take hours to complete.
I put in this .image only a couple of things, like Tracing Message Browser ,
a modified SARBuilder and a few class of mine.
When Markus said what something was wrong , I download a new one "trusted
7051".

But the question is what my own use and particular fix works.
So , if that encoding never was used, why the fileOut failed before this and
why works?
Other class in this image what I need fileOut do not have this problem.

Very thanks.

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).