About AnObsoleteSunitNameResolver

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 4 20:03:49 UTC 2006

Maurizio Boriani puso en su mail :

> with this vm crash :
As Pavel said, is dangerous, and as I said ALWAYS do with a BACKUP image.
> is there a method to remove only one Obsolete? (most of them are
> etoy related, I'm interested in having sunit working again...)
>
> Also, what's these obsolete stuff?

See what in your directory , the "bad cure" should produce a .txt file named
clasesObsoletas.txt.
So , here you could do a forensic analysis of if any obsolete go caught

The complete is  replace ' AnObsoleteUrl' by what was the last in your image
(the last saved to clasesObsoletas.txt)

| outputStream arreglar|
Transcript open.
    outputStream _ ReferenceStream fileNamed: 'clasesObsoletas.txt'.
arreglar _ (Smalltalk obsoleteClasses).
Transcript show: arreglar size;cr.
  1 to: arreglar size do: [:c | (arreglar at:c )
 allInstancesDo: [ :i | i becomeForward: nil].
>>>(arreglar at:c ) printString = 'AnObsoleteUrl' ifTrue: [self halt].
outputStream nextPut: (arreglar at:c ) printString.
Transcript show: (arreglar at:c ) printString  ;cr.
(arreglar at:c )  becomeForward: nil.].
outputStream close.
3 timesRepeat: [Smalltalk garbageCollect].

Instead of "nil" , you could put String new, but the image could blow also.
Sometimes if you change to arreglar _ (Smalltalk obsoleteClasses) reverse,
all obsolete goes.
Or you could need put a self halt and do class by class
It's black art, and we have different spells.
I do many times and if the procedure completes, never have problem again.

> Also, what's these obsolete stuff?
Sounds like someone delete class badly,

I don't know what Squeak are using you
> SmalltalkImage current fixObsoleteReference
>
> this one drop out two classes
So if you save in this point, you have a cleaner system .

I afraid what the Pavel tip is more tedious but safer.
Could send mail whit what Smalltalk obsoleteClasses prints ?

Good luck

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).