[SqNOS] New Article: Building, changing, booting and installing.

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Fri Aug 4 20:59:08 UTC 2006

*Posted 4 Aug 2006 by gera
<http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/gera/>* (Journeyer)

To roll your own version of SqueakNOS, either changing the native side
or the .image side, you need to know how to rebuild and boot it. This
process should be as easy and fast as possible.

This article will explain the building process and the boot process,
describing how to rebuild everything from scratch, how to create a new
.iso image, and how to use GRUB to boot SqueakNOS from a fat/vfat, NTFS,
ext2/3 or other file system, from either a harddisk or USB disk.

http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/61.html

*Quickly rebuilding and trying
*Booting from other than a CD

**General GRUB instructions

*Chaining GRUB with Windows 2000/XP/2003 bootloader*
*Chaining GRUB with LILO
**Chaining GRUB with SYSLINUX
**Chaining GRUB with another GRUB
**Chaining GRUB with DOS or Windows 9x/ME
**Installing SqueakNOS' GRUB as bootloader
**Booting SqueakNOS from a USB disk*

*Last notes on using GRUB
**SqueakNOS components
*

*What now?
*

*    enjoy as much as possible!
    gera
*

*PS: I accidentally posted a draft version of the article a few days
ago, now, thanks to Ken Causey I was able to replace it with this
finished version.
*