"0 tinyBenchmarks" results

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 05:17:51 UTC 2006

Dear all,

could someone please give me some insight on the meanings of the
results obtained from running "0 tinyBenchmarks"?

It reports results for bytecodes per second, and for sends per second.
Those should, if I understand that correctly, correlate in that a
larger bc/sec value should imply a larger sends/sec value.

That is not the case; for example, I have obtained the following
(format: [bc/sec, sends/sec]):

[20565552,1355113]
[20901371,1352909]

Apparently, the bytecodes/sec rate is larger in the second result, but
the sends/sec rate is about the same.

BTW the results were obtained running Dan Ingalls' SqueakOnJava on a
Java 5 VM, Linux/AMD64.

Best,

Michael