UTF-8 in Squeak (Linux, X11)

Xinyu Liu liuxinyu95 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 09:53:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

The standard version available in www.squeak.org only supports "Deutsch,
English, Espanol, French, Polish" in the set language list.

Some Asian Pacific language version are also available. Yoshiki has built
one which supports Chinese input and display. We are translating the menus,
titles, labels, etc. into Chinese now. (There are nearly 5000 items need to
be translated.) If you are interesting in it, please have a look at:
http://liuxinyu95.googlepages.com/squeak.dev.chinese
(I am sorry that it is a page in Chinese)

Here is a screen shot:
http://liuxinyu95.googlepages.com/squeak_chn_shot.PNG

Cheers.
Yours,